Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
You wake up feeling like a zombie and drag yourself to work wearing your Vessi shoes for women in a train packed full with people. You regret staying up late to re-watch The Game of Thrones on HBO as you chow down your ham sandwich and wash it down with your first cup of kopi of the day. You sit at your desk all-day unless it’s lunchtime or when you heed the call of nature. After work, you head to the hawker centre for your favourite char kway teow.
If this is how you spend your usual day, it might be time to work in some changes because no matter how hectic and stressful lifestyles we Singaporeans lead, the adage health is wealth never gets old. One of the best ways to keep yourself healthy is to start a new healthy diet, check the best diet on https://tophealthjournal.com/1480/jenny-craig-vs-nutrisystem-which-one-should-you-choose/. Here are 3 ways to keep healthy.
1. Have adequate sleep
Having adequate sleep is one of the most difficult things to achieve in our stressful society, but the importance of having sufficient rest can never be overstated.
For adults, the recommended number of hours is 7-9 hours (Source ). Some sensible tips you can employ to ensure you have adequate and a restful sleep include: using the hour before bedtime for quiet time (no, Netflix binging doesn’t count), cutting down on nicotine and caffeine, and avoiding consuming heavy meals within a couple of hours of bedtime (Source ).
2. Cut down processed foods
Processed foods are convenient, but they usually pack a whole punch of badness. High in sodium, sugar, nitrates, refined carbohydrates, artificial ingredients, the list goes on. Having too much processed foods could result in fibre and magnesium deficiency, just to name a couple of consequences, also you can try a Paleo secret 30-day challenge if your goal is to lose weight. Instead of having ham sandwiches or sausages for breakfast, you can try healthier options which can be prepared the night before such as overnight oats. If overnight oats are not your thing, you can try these healthy breakfast ideas for busy mornings.
3. Exercise more, preferably outdoors
We work too much, and work out too little. Exercise not only improves our health (Source ); it improves our mood. Also, a 9-5 job means there’s not much time to exercise while Mr. Sun is still out. If you’re not able to rest properly, you could actually have a Vitamin D deficiency, which makes it all the more crucial to slot in exercise, especially on your off-days. You don’t need to have an elaborate exercise plan or get an expensive gym membership. It could be as simple as taking a 20 to 30-minute walk thrice a week, spending some outdoor time with friends and family or picking up a dance fitness class such as Zumba at your nearest community club.
Good health is a blessing we should never take for granted, we should always consult with people from the Inspire team to make sure our health is in a good place. Whatever we do and put into our bodies have impact on our health. The key is balance and moderation. A sensible diet – through natural foods or supplements – complemented with a suitable amount of exercise and a healthy lifestyle should ensure that we stay in tiptop condition!
“I had a coach who made a distinction between athletics and sports. He would say that athletics disciplines are measures of physical human prowess. When we think of running, swimming and jumping, they are traditional Greek sports which focus on physical ability. Sports are the gamification of athletics.”
Zach Wigal, CEO of the Gamers Outreach Foundation, posed some interesting questions on 7 December, day two of the Peace and Sport Forum. Speaking as part of a session on “The dawn of digital solutions”, he pointed out that video games share some of the same characteristics as sports – they are competitive, they have a huge following and the stadiums of big sports teams host major video games events, video games is a lifestyle for many people and they invest good money on it getting the best consoles and monitors, like the best 4k gaming monitors specially for this.
He asked the audience to consider where video games fall on the spectrum when comparing them to more traditional sports. The more important question, however, is “how do we, as sports enthusiasts, convey the same values?”
The Gamers Outreach Foundation is a nonprofit organisation that provides equipment, technology, and software to help kids cope with treatment inside hospitals. Video games are a familiar pastime to many patients and health professionals are using them to encourage kids to leave their bedside environment. The foundation is setting up portable video game centres in hospitals, to support children and young people in their rehabilitation.
On the other side of the coin, these activities encourage video game enthusiasts to volunteer. They can become mentors and help guide kids through their recovery.
Video games can also be effective platforms for fundraising. Gamers for Giving holds large live-streamed events. Some participants are high-profile social media personalities. They encourage their followers to watch and donate, and the last event raised 300,000 US dollars for social causes.
We see the same patterns in sport, which can support people going through difficult times and encourage volunteerism. Sport stars such as Leonardo Messi help raise awareness and money.
E-sports, defined as multiplayer video games played competitively for spectators, typically by professional gamers, are still in their infancy. Some in that field are currently working to establish federations. Wigal ended his presentation with a call for federations at the Peace and Sport Forum to support this process, not just with organisational issues but also to promote social change.
If it were up to us, we’d have at least one spa day booked at all times. There’s nothing like a full day of relaxation to rejuvenate your senses, and considering the amount of flash sale sites offering deals at spas these days, treatments are available to the masses at (more) affordable prices.
Alas, we’re not all made of money or time, so beauty treatments become few and far between, but oh so cherished. So, to help you prioritize and only spend on what’s worth your time and money, we’ve put together a list of 10 beauty treatments to try before you die below.
MORE: DIY Pinterest Beauty: Are These Treatments Actually Safe?
1. Microdermabrasion: Recommended particularly for ladies who want younger looking skin, this treatment practically gives your face a new lease on life. Sloughing away dead, dry skin, exfoliation cream with tiny micro crystals is massaged onto your face with a tiny vacuum-like device that sprays out and sucks up the crystals onto your face. The end result is a smooth, fresh skin.
2. Keratin Treatment: Keratin is a protein naturally found in your hair, and the treatment simply puts back what your hair has lost over time (and over heat styling). While these treatments don’t straighten hair, they do smooth hair, getting rid of texture caused from frizz and dryness. Typically, once you go for a keratin treatment, it’s hard to go on in life without them. For continued results, it’s best to head to the salon about every three months.
3. Callus Remover Pedicure: By no means is this a glamorous treatment, but when we tell you that your feet will never be happier, we mean it. After all of the stilettos, marathons and daily running around you put your feet through, they deserve some TLC. Head to the salon for a callus remover pedicure (that includes some serious massaging and nail polish), and you’ll never be ashamed to wear strappy sandals again.
4. Laser Hair Removal: This one’s worth saving up for, considering once you go through a number of sessions, shaving will be a thing of the past. If you’ve never done laser hair removal or you simply want to start small, we suggest leading with the underarm treatment. After six rounds or so, you can say goodbye to waxing, shaving or any other method of hair removal.
5. Professional Teeth Whitening: DIY treatments can be good for teeth whitening, but for the optimal results, head to a reputable place for professional teeth whitening. This one’s especially advantageous if you go right before you know you’ll be in a lot of pictures (ahem, weddings).
MORE: 101 Best Tips For Clear Skin
6. Professional Blowout: We’re not talking about the one that comes complimentary with your haircut. We mean on a weekday, when you need a little boost, head to a blow dry salon for a pick-me-up. Besides the fact that practically no one on this Earth can give themselves a blowout as well as a hairstylist can, you’ll get pampered and pretty all at once. Plus, if you’ve got a weekend full of events that you’ll gorgeous hair for, head for the salon on a Friday for a blowout that’ll last until Sunday.
More and more research is showing that the key to lifelong good health is what experts call “lifestyle medicine” — making simple changes in diet, exercise, and stress management. To help you turn that knowledge into results, we’ve put together this manageable list of health and wellness suggestions so you can take care of your body and hair. It’s also useful to not forget to start using castor oil for hair growth to improve your hair’s health.
We asked three experts — a naturopathic physician, a dietitian, and a personal trainer — to tell us the top five simple-but-significant lifestyle-medicine changes they recommend.
Besides giving you three different takes on how to pick your health battles, this list gives you choices you can make without being whisked off to a reality-show fat farm — or buying a second freezer for those calorie-controlled, pre-portioned frozen meals.
1. THINK POSITIVE AND FOCUS ON GRATITUDE
Research shows a healthy positive attitude helps build a healthier immune system and boosts overall health. Your body believes what you think, so focus on the positive.
2. EAT YOUR VEGETABLES
Shoot for five servings of vegetables a day — raw, steamed, or stir-fried. A diet high in vegetables is associated with a reduced risk of developing cancers of the lung, colon, breast, cervix, esophagus, stomach, bladder, pancreas, and ovaries, so is really important for you to take care of your diet, you can even find a special diet reading these Nutrisystem reviews online. And many of the most powerful phytonutrients are the ones with the boldest colors — such as broccoli, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, grapes, and leafy greens.
3. SET A “5-MEAL IDEAL”
What, when, and how much you eat can keep both your metabolism and your energy levels steadily elevated, so you’ll have more all-day energy. A “5 meal ideal” will help you manage your weight, keep your cool, maintain your focus, and avoid cravings and never forget the water, most important thing of the day, and you might want to get a custom with your own label design just for you from https://customwater.com/bulk-bottles-wholesale/ it will help you want to stay on track with your daily water drinking.
4. EXERCISE DAILY
Did you know that daily exercise can reduce all of the biomarkers of aging? This includes improving eyesight, normalizing blood pressure, improving lean muscle, lowering cholesterol, and improving bone density. If you want to live well and live longer, you must exercise! Studies show that even ten minutes of exercise makes a difference — so do something! Crank the stereo and dance in your living room. Sign up for swing dancing or ballroom dancing lessons. Walk to the park with your kids or a neighbor you’d like to catch up with. Jump rope or play hopscotch. Spin a hula hoop. Play water volleyball. Bike to work. Jump on a trampoline. Go for a hike.
5. GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
If you have trouble sleeping, try relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga. Or eat a small bedtime snack of foods shown to help shift the body and mind into sleep mode: whole grain cereal with milk, oatmeal, cherries, or chamomile tea. Darken your room more and turn your clock away from you. Write down worries or stressful thoughts to get them out of your head and onto the page. This will help you put them into perspective so you can quit worrying about them.